Saturday, June 2, 2007

THE WILD BUNCH

i just wrote a long story about my new friends.............but aol ate it.  so here is a condensed version...........(aol also ate the condensed version, and all the pics, so i am going to try one more time....grrrrr)

"mama kitty", the stray cat that i featured in earlier pics sitting on my roof and on my back stairs, disappeared for awhile.  now i know why...........yesterday she reappeared with small furballs in tow.  over the course of the day, mama kitty realized i was trying to help her and the babies, so she allowed me to access my back porch to feed and water them, hissing the whole time, letting me know she was prepared to "take me out" if she had to.

i am trying to load the pictures from my flash drive, but not being very successful.  so be patient.  i may have to do one picture at a time..............

enjoy them.............

 

mama kitty preparing to protect her kittens if needed.............(notice the look in her eyes)

mama kitty looking a little more relaxed, knowing i am not opening the door, just looking out the window at her.

this is "whitey" (i know, not very original, but it was "mama kitty jr", then i figured it was too long) turning to run from the leftover spaghetti, frightened when i opened the door.  the other two and mama ran immediately.......guess whitey was a little hungrier.

that is where whitey retreated........along with "rocky", the only one that looks true siamese.  isn't rocky adorable?????

another shot of whitey and rocky.

later in the day i noticed they were all still lounging around on the back porch.  so i went to find something for them to eat and cut up a couple of hot dogs for them.  they were getting more used to me by then, so didn't run when i tossed the meat out and snapped this shot.  left to right is whitey, mama kitty and "grey", who has the markings of a siamese, but they are grey instead of brown.

here is whitey again, making sure i am not putting out more food..........looks like whitey is winking at me lol.

now this one is priceless........mama kitty is starving and wants food, but is giving me that look that she can and will shred me if i mess with her or her babies..........she came toward me instead of running, but hissed the whole time, lol.  i guess the babies have still been nursing when they can't find food, so mama kitty is a little dehydrated and thin.  it has been so hot and dry, and there is no watering in our community, so they haven't had much to drink.  they do now.............fresh water every day.

this is my favorite...........mama kitty grabbed a piece of hot dog and moved away from the plate...........but rocky is still a little wary.............look at that little face.............

ok, that is my cat story..............yep, i have officially become the old cat lady, lolheck, i love all animals...........i even feed a mangy ole 'possum................

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah bless her, she is beautiful.  Hope she and her babies will be fine and that you can get good homes for them.  Perhaps keep a kitten for yourself?

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I really like Rocky. I use to have two siamese named Brownie and Cocoa. So good of you to see that they have food and water. Paula

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to see you take care of the mother and kittens.
I am sure they give you much enjoyment to watch. I hope one day they will trust you more.
I know you love them more than you had time with AOL to say.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute story, and one that mirrors a lot of my childhood taking care of the stray cats in the neighborhood.  They never would let me "adopt" them, but occassionally, I could rub and pet them.  At least they had food and water.

Greg

Anonymous said...

AOL have a nasty habit of interfering with journals.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard