Monday, September 27, 2004

GLORIOUS SUNDAY

                                    Picture051.jpg  

i had planned on getting up early and going to the flea market to try to sell my handmade jewelry to help pay bills, but even though i didn't make any money today to go toward paying my past due rent, today was a glorious, wonderful day..............  

why you ask???  well.........first of all, it was one of my days off.  i didn't have to listen to people complain about the cost of our merchandise or the lack of availability of a given item.   

second, my estranged daughter and i talked a good bit into the night, and didn't have cross words with each other.  

third, my daughter, who stopped attending church over a year ago, asked me to go to church with her today.   

this may not sound like much to some people, unless you know the history here between myself and my daughter.  

she moved out of my house the day she turned 17.  she had been a summer missionary for 4 years and then when she turned 15, started hanging with the wrong crowd, drinking, smoking, cursing, and toking.  it broke my heart, but what could i possibly do.........so i prayed and prayed that she would turn her life back around.  

my daughter has a truly good heart...........always has.  she loves children, and i am sure she will someday make a wonderful mother. 

but she is a rebel, sometimes without a cause.  and she seldom listens to anything i have to say.  

lately, she calls me more and more frequently.  we talk on a more adult level now, though that is hard for me, since i still want to "mother" her. 

but she is now 18, almost 19, and is her own person and must make her own decisions, and learn from mistakes she makes.   

i have stopped going to church myself, mainly due to being at work on sundays and wednesdays, our regular church service days.  so when she called me last week and asked me to go to church with her, i was pleasantly shocked, but had to turn her down since i had to work. 

when she once again asked me this weekend, i jumped at the opportunity.  it would be a chance for us to "bond" and in the house of our Lord.   

i met her there, and we went in together.  now as i mentioned before, it has been almost a year since either of us have darkened the church doors.  several people who i consider "true Christians" came up to us, hugged and welcomed us back.  it made us both feel really good.  

the sermon was one i needed to hear at this point in my life.  it was about the way the Lord uses our trials and tribulations to mold and purify us for service to others, and to prepare us for heaven.   

after the service, my daughter took me out to eat, and paid for it herself.  i insisted i would pay, but she wouldn't have it.  it was only burger king, but it was food i didn't have to cook, and we spent time together talking, and getting acquainted again.   

all in all, this was a truly wonderful day. 

thank you Lord for providing a sunny warm day and for bringing my daughter back to me, even in small ways.  

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A BLESSED WEEK!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Priase God for such a  wonderful day and blessing to you.

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is very pretty. I am so happy to hear that the both of you are getting along so well. I pray that all everything works out with your finances. God Bless You

Anonymous said...

Praise god! He is so faithful! im glad you are at least at a beginning with her, My oldest moved back home this weekend! God bless, Beckie

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. Seems things can go nowhere but up from here. Your daughter is beautiful. Paula

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it takes some of us a while...but we get there. Went thru the same thing with my youngest, that was about 7 years ago. We are 'best friends' now, we have many late night talks, and laugh often. So happy to hear you and your daughter on talking again.

Anonymous said...

i just read this , and believe me even though i am an atheist, i understand this.
life is  , beautiful, and we realize it too seldom.
be happy whenver you can be, and try to smile it speads the warmth,
one never when gets enough when its needed the most.
yes, it helps to share.

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is beautiful.  I understand having to "let children go" and hoping they come back.  It is dreadful.  So glad you had this day with your daughter.  It must have been priceless.
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

I understand your need to hang on to her, keep her a part of your life.  Sounds to me she growing up a little.  The last time I saw my oldest son, he told me that I had given him guidance that he uses to this day, to cope with the problems in his life.  It was one of the more beautiful things I have heard.  

I feel you have done the same with your  daughter.  I pray you both grow closer, every day, and I rejoice for your special day.
Take care.
deb