Monday, September 27, 2004

RANDOM QUESTION WINNER

FINALLY, I HAVE DECIDED ON A WINNER.....

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG, BUT I HAVE A BUM THUMB, AND CAN'T TYPE FAST.  ALSO, AOL DECIDED THAT I DIDN'T NEED TO SIGN ON WHEN I WANTED TO.  BUT ALL THAT ASIDE, HERE IS THE WINNER...........

DRUM ROLL PLEASE......................................

 
Good question!! Very thought provoking!
I have actually given this piece of advice to my husband but will pass it on to my kids when I have them.
Everything is an experience, you gain a little bit of knowledge from everything that happens, bad or good. You can learn from it.
I use this little tidbit on myself too. When my house burned down, it was an experience, I learned that physical things weren't as important as I previously had. When my husband lost his desperately needed job, I passed that tidbit and now he uses it on me!
Kim
http://journals.aol.com/andthenonekim/uselessandoblique
Comment from andthenonekim - 9/27/04 10:05 AM

(AND IF I WERE SELECTING MOST HUMOROUS, IT WOULD HAVE TO BE A TIE BETWEEN VERNAE69 AND HIS1DESIRE.............BUT ALL YOU TWO GET IS MY HUMBLE PRAISE AND APPLAUSE, LOL)

THANK EACH OF YOU FOR SUBMITTING YOUR ADVICE.  EACH AND EVERY COMMENT IS IMPORTANT, AND WE SHOULD ALL HEED THE ADVICE IN EACH ONE.  BUT I FELT THAT ACCEPTING EACH AND EVERY LIFE EXPERIENCE AS A LEARNING TOOL, A STEP LADDER, TEACHING US THROUGH ADVERSITY AND JOY, IS A VERY GOOD PIECE OF ADVICE........LEARN FROM MISTAKES AND NOT REPEAT THEM, AND REPEAT THE GREAT THINGS YOU ACHIEVE.  SO KIM, CONGRATULATIONS.  IT IS YOUR TURN TO COME UP WITH A RANDOM QUESTION.

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS AND WILL GO TO KIM'S JOURNAL TO TAKE THE CHALLENGE ONCE AGAIN. 

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEK.......


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you made a very good choice .  what kim said is very true. when you are expeirencing life it sometimes throws you curves to see what you are made of and it seems to me she has been thru a lot. we all have.but it is the human way to survive and persevere in any situation . lets just all hope and pray that we all come out with a smile. xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Good Choice and congrats to Kim!

:o)

Anonymous said...

congrats to the winners Lori

Anonymous said...

congrats to Kim on her answer !!
and thanks for the honorable mention on my comment :) i personally liked vernae's diaper answer lol
i tried to think of a serious answer but there was no way i could narrow it down to one piece of advice .. if raising kids were that easy and i had that one sage piece of advice i could write a book .. sure, the book would only be one page long but i'm sure it would be a best seller :-)
pamela

Anonymous said...

I'll consider that an honorable mention, LOL.  Congrat to the winner, I'm on my way over to that journal now

Smooches
~Vernae~

Anonymous said...

This is very good advice indeed.God Bless

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kim!

Anonymous said...

I went through a fire too.......lost everything but the most important...my children and I.....It is the worst experience of my life, but it jerked me into perspective and I haven't ever put importance on a THING since.

Anonymous said...

I guess i musta missed the question...lol