Saturday, September 11, 2004

WEEKEND ASSIGNMENT #23

weekend assignment #23:  

my five items for a time capsule  

1}  a Bible (the world might be in turmoil and without religion, or Christ, and there may be no Bibles to be had.  

2}  a picture of myself and my daughter.  i only have a couple where we are in the same picture together.  i would love for future generations to be able to know what at least two of their ancestors looked like.  

3}  my macrame owl key chain, which i bought back in 1977, and still use today in 2004.  my daughter hates it, and has tried to get rid of it several times.  heck, they might not know what it is for there might not be keys as we know them.  

4}  a disk of my aol journal........that should confuse them really good.  

5}  copy of cd "somewhere in time"........because of my love for the only man who has ever made me smile inside and out (he knows who he is)  

xtra credit:  elvis 8-tracK  

 

BRIEF HISTORY OF THE TIME CAPSULE: The first time capsules were found in temples in Egypt and Babylon. Those ancient time capsules were filled with small statues and scrolls as was their custom. Some modern day religious temples still practice this tradition of placing items ofsignificance in the corner stone of the building.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI REGINA !!!YOU AND ME THINK THE SAME ,I ALSO WAS GOING TO DO A CAPSUL AND BURRY IT HERE..BUT I THINK IM GOING TO PUT IT OFF UNTIL I OWN MY OWN HOUSE!!!!
CROSSING MY FINGERS ON THAT ONE IT IS ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE TIME CAPSULLS !!IF WE DIDNT WE WOULD KNOW SO  MUCH LESS ABOUT HISTORY !!!SORRY IT HAS TAKEN SO LONG TO VISIT BUT IM HERE NOW TAKE CARE !!!!LOVE TABITHA

Anonymous said...

Hi Regina,i just wanted to let you know i have added you to my link list of journals,hope you dont mind!Keep up the great writting,D  

Anonymous said...

This entry reminded me of a time capsul that my teacher had us bury in front of our elementary school, back in the late 70s, I put in a poem and a picture of myself, I wonder if it is still there. This bought back memories. God Bless

Anonymous said...

I couldnt think of anything to put in mine except a bible and a self portrait sketch I did

Anonymous said...

oh, the self portrait was in the nude. hee hee

Anonymous said...

aaaaahhhhhhh man I use to make macrame pot holders and all kinds of things. Lori

Anonymous said...

WOW, HOW DID YOU KEEP THAT MACRAME KEY CHAIN THAT LONG? THATS NEAT!! MY KIDS ARE LIKE YOUR DAUGHTER WHEN IT COMES TO SOME THINGS THAT I  USE THAT IS FROM "BACK IN THE DAY"....LOL!!
KIM.