Tuesday, May 8, 2007

AIN'T IT A HOOT!!!!

now this is ludicrous..........i mean truly ridiculous............i have internet..........i have had internet all evening.........AND I CANNOT THINK OF ANYTHING TO WRITE ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  nothing is coming to mind.........this isn't writer's block, this is writer's death...............

ok, since i am here, and my few readers want something to read...........i will relate what just happened with my cat.

every evening my kitty likes to sit next to me no matter what room i am in.  she sleeps up next to me at night, even when it is hot.  she is usually very patient with me, and knows eventually i will go to bed and she can curl up.  a few minutes ago i realized she was nowhere to be found.  not on her little perch next to the computer........not on the carpet next to my rolling computer chair.........not anywhere.........so i thought.  i turned around and looked over toward the bed..........AND THERE SHE SAT, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE.........she was saying to me "mommy it is time to go to bed.  i need to curl up and slumber.......i need my beauty rest".  i couldn't stop laughing. 

OK OK OK..........I HAVE BECOME THE OLD CAT LADY...............(mumbles she knew it would happen some day)

ok, i found a poem i had written about my kitty.  here goes:

 

She smiles as I stroke her silky hair. She is content.

Happiness is knowing she is loved, and that I am Heaven sent.

Life without me would be harsh, cruel and cold.

I cannot imagine being without HER as I am growing old.

She asks so little of me but to be held and told all is right.

I make sure she has her meals, both morning and at night.

I know she will not outlive me, and that saddens me so.

I have grown to love her so very much, I’ll hate to see her go.

But for now I will enjoy her company as she enjoys mine.

And not worry about how many lives are left out of her nine.

Yes, I am speaking of my fat and furry friend.

Who, if she could, would be with me all the way to the end.

                                            (by Regina)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww that is a nice poem. I like it. Paula

Anonymous said...

You know...they make a Precious Moments called "Lady and her cat"...I know because I got it for Mom several years ago.

Greg