Friday, May 18, 2007

FINALLY

i made arrangements with the candle lady to meet her at 11 am at my workplace.  i got up early and got everything together, ate a piece of wheat toast with orange marmalade (mmmmm) and trekked off to work.  i went in and took all the candles out of their protective paper to show them to my fellow employees, and to check them to make sure nothing had happened to them since i left them in the breakroom overnight. 

i had time to sit and talk to those who were coming in and out of the breakroom, and those having lunch.  it was a nice feeling to be there and not working, lol.  one of my fellow employees, Richard, came into the breakroom to tell me that the candle lady had called and to tell me that she would be a little late.  sigh................here we go.

well it turned out she wasn't all that late, and she was really impressed with what i had done.  her little girl, who is about 15 months old i think, took control over the breakroom, trying to get into everything.  i transacted my business with Christine and we decided on $1.50 each for the jar necklaces that i "remade" out of cheap bottle necklaces, and $2 each for the rest of the necklaces and lid adornments.  she brought me 13 more candles to do.  we were adding them up, and she forgot about the 7 i brought with me.........that made 20 instead of 13 at $2 each.  then i realized when i got home that i had kept a couple here at the house that we didn't count.  so that will be around 22 at $2 each, and then another 6 at the $1.50 price.  not too bad i guess.  she offered to pay me for what i had already done, but i told her i would just settle up with her on friday when we got together again.

so, i am meeting her at 4 pm at my workplace tomorrow.  i just hope that John doesn't get mad at me.  he was there today when i came in.  i told him i was buying more stuff to decorate my candles with.  but i didn't, lol.

so, hopefully, tomorrow at this time i will be about $53 richer..........even though the word richer is actually an oxymoron when it comes to me, lol.  i have to buy a phone card, which is $20, and put gas in the car for next week, which is another $15.  wow, that leaves me..........$18.  i think i will buy me a house in malibu, lol.

my daughter called me 5 times today and left a message each time.  of course, i had come home from the meeting and crashed, so didn't hear the phone.  i called her back and she told me that her boyfriend had asked her to be a dealer for the Hands of Hope Clinic's Poker Night tomorrow night.  that is the clinic that i go to, and this is a really big thing.  so she will get paid to have fun.  she lost her job as a waitress a week ago, and monday she starts a new waitressing job at O'Charley's.  they hired her on the spot.  she loves those tips, lol.

my internet is still intermittent, so i often cannot get online to see if anyone has written something new in their journals.  so, for those who still read my sometimes boring entries, i will be commenting in yours, if the internet allows.

i need to get into bed now, for i have 9 more candles to decorate before 4 pm tomorrow.  i am too tired to try working with small beads tonight.  plus the kitty is letting me know it is time for me to settle down for she is ready to snuggle.

so unless i find i cannot sleep, i will end here...........goodnight all.............

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it worked out and you are now a professional jar decorator!  Sounds like you have found a fan of your work.  It looks like she will be back for more of these.  Hopefully, she will spread the word and you will start having some more requests for these...that would be great!  Before long, "richer" could actually mean something...my fingers are crossed for you.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Glad you are doing so well with the candles. Things are looking up. Paula

Anonymous said...

Any Money made keeps you in Gas. I know it is a sad commentary on Today's economy people are choosing between driving and walking. Though americans will be healthier (those who have the option to walk) It still is a thought of wrongness that they have to choose.
I see you take your time and use your head and your hands and let the heart speak in the crafts you make. the same young lady I know and must say I am proud yet to call you a friend.
Praying about the internet things.
as well as the jobs and all this.
as always a friend