Sunday, May 13, 2007

HOPING

today the woman who asked me to decorate her candle jars came into the store.  she brought me some jars with candles already inside.  she asked me to decorate those as well.  now, i am having fun doing these, and coming up with new ideas, but i haven't seen any money yet.  she is coming by the store again tomorrow to see what i have done so far, and hopefully will pay me for the ones she already likes. 

i brought the finished candles home and started working on them.  she asked me to go ahead and glue some sort of decorations to the lid of one of them, so, reluctantly, i did so tonight.  i was rather pleased with the results.  the only problem is the glue takes some time to dry.  i am off work thursday through sunday, but she will need these candles done by saturday, which is when the local festival will occur.  i just hope she likes what i have so far.  i can make about 10 more on thursday, and about that many or a few more on friday.  i am keeping my fingers, legs, arms and anything else crossed that she will pay me before saturday.  i am figuring she will pay me if they sell on saturday, but that wasn't our deal.  sigh............i need a real job, one that i love going to every day...............any offers????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They sound pretty. Hope she pays you soon. Paula

Anonymous said...

I really hope it works out that you make a bundle on your candles.  This is always a risk when you are making something.  You have to outlay the cash in hopes that there is a return.  May you have better luck than I when it comes to seeing a return on your investment.

Greg