Thursday, March 27, 2008

ANOTHER GOOD DAY

i got paid today (actually i have had my check since tuesday, but couldn't cash it till today) and it was truly much more than i anticipated.  i usually put off things because i don't have the money to do them.  well, today, i did some of those things.  i got my hair cut...........off.............i am nearly bald, lol.  it cost me about $6 more than i had anticipated, but i didn't even care.  i never do anything specifically for me, so i said i deserved it.  the woman who cut my hair was a customer of mine from the new job.  we couldn't place where we knew each other at first, then it occurred to me that she was a customer.  she took her time, examined every aspect, and did a great job.  of course, my neck feels completely naked......oh, it is, lol.

i went to burger king for lunch (actually i had been to 5 other places first, and since it was the noon hour, i couldn't get near any of the others, so went to bk, where there was no line).  the guy behind the counter was one of the young men who does community service or volunteer work (not sure which), at the salvation army, and he recognized me from there.

i paid my rent, my electric bill, had my oil changed.  then went by the store to use the bathroom and ended up staying to eat blueberry cobbler and going through 4 huge containers of yarn and craft items.  i bought some items and then went to radio shack over by where i used to work.  i had to get some rechargeable batteries and a charger for them to use with my digital camera.  dang they were expensive.  $21 for 4 batteries and a compact travel charger.  oh well.......at least i had the money.

i went by the old job to see who was working, and my twin sister, annette, (who is black, and i am white, but we are still twins, lol) was there and said she wasn't going to speak to me because i left without saying goodbye.  i told her i had been by there numerous times to see her, and she wasn't scheduled.  we hugged tightly, and then i went to hug anna, my craft store adopted daughter, lol.  the new manager came by, and i spoke to her and she smiled and said hello.  then i went back to say hello to sara, hugged her, and on to see mary in framing.  now, when mary looked up and saw me, her whole face lit up.  that made me feel really good.  after she finished with her customer, she came around and hugged me tightly.  she said she missed me.  she also told me that she and the new manager had a run-in yesterday, and the manager told mary if she didn't like the way things were, she could turn in her resignation.  mary has been with the company for decades.  she has changed stores several times, but has been with them solidly all this time.  i felt so sorry for mary, but was soooooooo glad i was no longer employed there.

when i first walked into the front of the store, i felt like i was in a hospital.  it was stark, white, clean, shiny and almost sterile.  then i noticed that jayson was in a t-shirt, painting the office white.  geeeeez.  that place is scary now.  again, i am soooooo glad i am no longer with them.

of course, i had to brag some.  when asked why i was over that way, i told them i had to come get a charger and some rechargeable batteries for my scanner/copier/photo dock digital camera.  i told them i had never paid that much for a hair cut either, but actually felt good that i had the money to do so.  i didn't rub it in too much, but i did want it to get back to management that i was very happy with the new team i was on over at the salvation army.  i get a bonus every paycheck.  sometimes it is small, sometimes a lot.  but even a small $35 bonus adds up when you have bills to pay.

when i left the craft store, i had a run-in with a buggy.  and the buggy almost won.  there are scratches on the side of my car, but i ran over one of the wheels........bad thing is, or it could be good thing is, it was one of the craft store's buggies, lol.  that used to be my job, going to get stray buggies from the parking lot.  i see someone isn't doing their job, lol

there are rumors that the new manager is there to stay.  john, who i DID get sorta used to, may be continuing on doing what he is now doing for 6 months.  either way, i don't want to go back to that store.  i like being on the OTHER side of the counter. 

it has been a really good day.  i thank the Lord for today, AND for all the dismal days i have suffered through.  without the dismal and dark days, days like today wouldn't seem so bright.  THANK YOU LORD JESUS!!!

i went to the library to use the computer today and was only in there long enough to type something on word and print it out.  a total of 10 minutes, and that included a bathroom break, lol.  i had to print out my rent receipt because i am still too lazy to hook up my new copier.  maybe i will get that done on sunday, my next day off.

thanks to all my readers that have stuck in there with me.  even the ones who just stop by and say "have a good day".  each of you are so very special to me.  and of course, some are truly inspirational (wewon'tmentionanynamesindigo).  LOL

i have prattled on long enough.  i must gather my dirty dishes and put them in the sink of hot and soapy water.  not that they will get washed tonight, but at least my heart is in the right place, lol.

i am sure i will be back before i go to bed, but in case i don't come back, i hope everyone has a blessed and peaceful evening.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you sound very upbeat and happy today. So glad to hear it. Paula

Anonymous said...

I am so so happy for you this morning. What a good start to my day to find a friend happy and contented.  Thanks be to God.   Keep up being positve my dear friend.  remember to keep some dimes by for a stormy day!!  Love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

You surely did have a great day ~ how nice to have money to spend on yourself and get a new haircut!  The manager sounds like she needs a course on getting along with people better, I can see why you are happy to be out of there.  I hope today is just as good for you.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))Sounds like you was busy,you got alot of things done.Now you can relax.Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

You've been a right busy bee, Regina, was wondering what the buzzing noise was coming from across the pond today lol