Tuesday, March 25, 2008

POLITICAL CONFUSION

i am not usually a political being.  i do have my opinions, and i do study the news coverage of the people running for office, both national and local.  but i don't usually get deeply involved.

this election year, being one that will go down in history no matter what happens, has me very confused.  the press wants us to view this election as the "white woman" vs the "black man".  that isn't exactly the case.  obama isn't black.  he isn't white either.  he has strong heritage on both sides.  so, can we really call this a black/white political race?  i recently read something, that if believed, would be quite disturbing.  it is alleged that mrs. obama,, when at princeton university, wrote her thesis "against" the united states government.  of course, not having actually read this thesis myself, only alleged excerpts, i cannot say that her opinion of this country and the preservation of "blacks, first and foremost", is one she still holds dear to her heart. 

though i am not overly fond of hillary clinton, my main reason for not wanting her in office would be having bill back in there.  hillary ran the white house when he was in there before, but she couldn't control bill.  would things be different this time around?

i agree with one thing.............this country needs change.  but do either of the democratic candidates provide a platform for change, one they can actually live up to realistically?  and the republican candidate, though a tried and true american veteran, does not fit the profile of a conservative republican.  i don't agree with many of his views.  and i am quite fatigued by voting for the lesser of the evils every time.  when are we going to get someone as a candidate that we can truly get behind and support because he/she has the best interest of our country at heart.

unless something happens to change my mind between now and election day, i will more than likely be writing in my choice for president.  and though he might be a better choice than what we have, i will NOT be writing in mickey mouse this time around.

we need to get a grip on this country of ours.  we are literally going to the dogs.  don't get me wrong, i love this country......MY country.......and wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world.  but i worry what kind of country will be left to my grandchildren (which i don't have yet) and my great grandchildren.  i won't be around to see most of it i am sure, but i want them to have a quality of life that so many have fought to preserve.

(regina steps down off her political soapbox)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make a good point. I have even considered not casting my vote this time around. I hate politics because of the mudslinging. Paula

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about not being a politically minded person, that's me as well. And I can't really talk about US politics..from this side of the pond it all looks as if it takes so long to get anywhere. I have been watching with interest though the two main candidates...I have, since coming back from Easter break, been reading the whole of the Obama Race Speach and it is one of the most balanced speaches I have ever read in all my life.  I say Good on him !!!   As for a Lady presidednt...well we had a lady prime minister for far to long...in my opinion !! and she changed our country to a ME FIRST state much to it's detriment.. LOve  Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

I ponder if there is a moral fiber in any of the candidates at this point. If one, just simply watches the political mud slinging going on - neither seems to have a strong point. Are we idiots for even contemplating allowing these intended presidential nominees to be voted in office? To me there are far too many questions that don't even cover what is needed for answers. I would like to think people will NOT be voting on the premise of having a woman or black man in office, rather for the service they will serve this country....these days common sense isn't ruling the hearts of America's voters.(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

I'm not impressed with any of the (currently) three candidates, but fortunately I am not in a position to decide.