Saturday, March 8, 2008

I HAVE A COMPUTER!!!!!!!!

i have a new computer......well sorta.  this man who volunteers at my new job found out that i was thinking about just getting a new tower so that i could get back online and he said he had purchased a used compaq presario tower/keyboard/mouse and a compatible monitor from the salvation army where i work and he didn't need it anymore.  he had recently purchased a laptop, so told me i could have his old one.  so today i went over to his apartment and picked it up.  i got 2 extra "mouses", the monitor, keyboard, and additional coax for other items to be added.  and all for FREE!  thank you friend!!!!!

i had lunch on friday with a woman i have made friends with through contact at the craft store i used to work for.  she said her husband is the IT guy for a major local hospital and he has a program that can retrieve information from "fried" computers and store it while he cleans my computer, then will put it back in my computer.  and then he will build me a really good computer from all the parts they have at home.  so i have this one to use while i wait for him to clean and restore my old one, and then i might possibly get a much better one.........free.  of course, he is quite busy and i might not see that new Frankenstein computer for some time, but i am happy just to have internet from home, though slow.

i hope all is well with my readers.  i haven't had the time to visit journals, but i am off tomorrow, and after i wash 2 loads of clothes at the laundromat, i plan on coming back here and if i have an internet connection, i will read and respond to journals.

i got my tax refund, or at least the federal part, and i paid a bill, got my emissions done, and got my tag.  legal for another year, lol.  then i made the mistake of going to ross to see if they had any sheets on sale.  i bought 3 sets of sheets and new pillows all for $69.  when i got home i found a flier in my mailbox from radio shack.  i shouldn't have opened it, lol.  they had an hp printer/scanner/copier/photoshop copier and docking digital camera for $99.  i was all over that, lol.  so now i have a nice camera to take some pics with that i can put here on my journal.  of course, they won't be great like my friend greg's pics, but they will be better than what i have been taking with my cheap little digital camera without the flash.

the time changes tonight and i am losing an hour, so i guess i need to start getting ready for bed.  hope everyone has a blessed sunday or whatever day it is in your part of the world.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful read this morning so full of happy news....I am so glad that you have got such a nice job, what a differance it makes when you are appreciated at work.  Keep smiling.  Love Sybilxx

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new computer, Regina. Hope the old one can be resuscitated to the point where you can get your old stuff off.

Anonymous said...

so glad you got a computer at home again and got to take care of some bills, expenses and fun things with your tax return :)

betty

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))I am glad things are looking good for you.You have a new computer and waiting for a nother one and you paid off a bil.Thats great.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!  you got a new computer.  So happy for you.  I know you are excited.

Greg

Anonymous said...

wow I'm so glad things are looking sunshiney for you. Be nice to see you here more often. Paula