Friday, April 4, 2008

ARE YOU READY FOR A LAUGH??

i consider myself a fairly intelligent being.........and though often stubborn, i usually read the directions before attempting something, especially something mechanical or electronic.

as i have mentioned before, i recently purchased a scanner/copier/photodocking system with digital camera.  last sunday i officially opened the box and successfully set up the system.  i even connected it to the computer via a usb cable i already had, saving me the money of buying one.

one of my co-workers asked me what my kitty looked like, and i decided when i got home i was going to run a copy of a picture of her off my computer onto the copier.  after supper i sat down in front of my computer, located the cutest picture of my coatiebug, set up everything to print, turned on the copier/printer, hit "print" and NOTHING.  i checked everything again.  i pushed buttons on the copier/printer and on the computer.  still NOTHING.  then, i decided to read the directions.  i know, i know.

ok, i followed each step and checked it off that it was done and done correctly.  then, i waited...........NOTHING!!!!  after 45 minutes of true exasperation, i buried my head in my hands.  as i was raising my head back up from my hands, i noticed a small plug connected to a cable staring me in the face like a snake...........the usb cable.  it wasn't plugged into the computer..............DUH!!!! 

needless to say............i got my picture printed................

sigh...................

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've done silly things like that before too.  Sometimes it wasn't even plugged in.  Makes you feel like a dumbie but I look at it like this.  Lessons in humility.  Keeps me humble. lol

Nelishia

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))It happends to the best of us.LOL.

Anonymous said...

your  little misadventure is easier than mine
i was pushing a slidder door shut with a foot
and got my toe stuck in it
i was balanced one foot
with people laughing
and yelling hey goofy people want to pulll that free or what
no harm done just a nice toe to door meeting
and alot of red face coloring
see you at least didn't do something like that
hope it made you giggle i did
may as well laugh at my own mistakes
have a great day as  always a friend

Anonymous said...

It is usually something so simple that leads to so much exasperation.

Greg