Monday, April 14, 2008

I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING

i assume some of you out there in j-land remember that commercial that started with "i can't believe i ate the whole thing".  i think it was for alka-seltzer.  i wish i had some alka-seltzer right now.  today at work the assistant director went to kfc and bought some fried chicken livers.  she brought them back to the store, and about an hour before we closed, i went into her office to ask her something and she said "have a chicken liver".  since i LOVE chicken livers, i tried one.  i was in chicken liver heaven.  they were a little greasy, leaving a greasy feeling to the throat, but they tasted sooooo good.  after i got off work, even as tired as i was, i drove all the way over to kfc (it is about 3 miles out of the way) to get some chicken livers.  i had to wait for about 10-15 minutes while they fried them and put my plate together, but it was well worth the wait.  the entire meal only cost me $3.20 and it came with about 20 huge chicken livers, a biscuit, potato wedges, slaw, and a medium drink.  i could only eat half of it when i got home.  i will eat the rest for either lunch tomorrow or supper.

as i sit here burping (yes, some women DO burp, lol), i was to relate the story of this past saturday at work.  i wasn't able to access the internet all day on sunday, so i typed up the entire entry on microsoft word and left it sitting on my computer, and sometime during the night, my computer shut down and restarted itself...........sheeesh.  so, here goes again..........

saturday, the 12th, one of my co-workers got married.  she is 22 and has been planning this wedding for some time.  i wanted to go very badly, since i consider this girl an "adopted" daughter.  but since i was one of the last ones hired at the store, the director asked me if i would work.  i needed the money so said yes.  the other 2 that were hired last also agreed to work.  we knew most of the regular volunteers wouldn't be there either, since they, too were going to the wedding.  the day was very tiring, since i didn't get either of my two breaks, but did get the woman who was my backup to let me take 30 minutes for lunch.  so, more or less, for 8.5 hours, i stood on my feet in relatively the same spot.  but it went rather smoothly.  we had a rush of customers all throughout the day.  then there would be a slight lull, then another rush.  no one was mean, nasty or rude and no one demanded a break on the prices marked.  at the end of the day my backup and i counted the money, and we were to the penny.  we also made over $350 more than we usually do on saturday.  the other lady left a cute little note for the director with a smiley face, saying we handled it well.  he did thank us for a day of hard work.  more than i would have gotten from my manager at the craft store.

when i got home on saturday night, i couldn't move.  i was so tired and in so much pain from standing all day.  i didn't sleep well saturday night either.  then, sunday, i slept on and off all day.  i also slept well most of the night on sunday night.  but i was still not ready to go to work monday morning.  today has been even harder than saturday.  2 of the employees in the back were having words, so one of them left 2 hours earlier than she had planned, leaving me there as the only cashier.  i finally got a chair and put it behind the counter to sit on when i couldn't stand up anymore.  tonight my right leg and achilles heel hurt terribly, but i just took some ibuprofen.

the weather here is truly freaky.  it was 80 degrees the other day, and last night the temps went into the upper 30's.  the high today was in the upper 40's and it is getting near freezing tonight and tomorrow night.  the poor trees and shrubs don't know what to do.

i am going to try to add some new pictures if this internet connection will let me.  so if you don't see anything below this, they didn't go through.

this is my house with a few azaleas blooming....finally.

this is the azalea clump, lol.  not near as pretty as last year's clump.

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww I would give you all of my chicken livers. I would eat dirt before I ate them. lol Glad you enjoyed them though. I know I've said this before but your house is lovey and looks so well kept. Paula

Anonymous said...

Thank you for teh lovely photo's of teh house it does look nice. I think I am glad you had a busy Saturday..glad as it went quickly  sad as you had to stand about for such a long time.  I have just read the Jokes page..It was GREAT.. Love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your abode, Regina.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get to go to the wedding, but it sounds like a very productive day at work.  You are quite right about the weather, I just don't know what to make of it at all.  Cold, hot, windy , calm...and that's just the last two hours.  You house looks great with the spring colors.  Looks like it has been painted, or washed since the last picture I saw of.  might be the lighting on it, but it looks really nice.

Greg