Friday, April 18, 2008

POTPOURRI

i just went over to magic smoke and there is an entry from buckoclown that i think everyone should see, the link is below..............

http://journals.aol.com/buckoclown/Bucko/entries/2008/04/15/rainbow-treasures-o/2265

pretty much sums it all up, right???

i have been having so much fun playing with my new caption site, i have forgotten how to write, lol

i was off work wednesday and thursday, so going back today was really difficult.  i can remember being terribly concerned when i wasn't getting enough hours when i worked at the craft store.  now i am getting 4-5 days a week, 7-8 hours each day.  NOT COMPLAINING, MIND YOU!

i have been having a lot of pain in my achilles tendon where it attaches to my heel.  it started last saturday when i was on my feet so long.  but it doesn't get a lot better with time.  i tried to stay off it the 2 days i was off, but after working today, it is hurting again.  i wonder if it is like my shoulder.....i have a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder.  could it be the same type injury in my heel??  something to check into.

does anyone know what is going on with jeannette over at http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/??  she hasn't posted since april 6.  i miss reading her journal, and would like to know if everything is ok with her.  if anyone knows anything, just let me know.

the weather has finally gotten straightened out, i think, lol.  it will rain the early part of tomorrow, but then 70 degrees and dry for the remainder of the weekend and most of next week.  the poor dogwood trees are shedding their petals like snow, and the azaleas are brown, all because of the freeze we had a few days ago.  i missed the opportunity to get some great shots of the blooms of spring.  i know everyone is sick of my indoor shots of my cat, but right now, that is all i seem to shoot on my new camera.  i need to get some creative initiative and get out there and shoot nature............

i have only gotten 3 ghost stories so far.  i don't want to make the ghost story entry until i have a few more, so, if you know someone who has experienced something "unearthly" or "ghostly", have them email me the story.  i actually have one entry where there is a picture........and it looks pretty realistic.  so, get those emails to me with your ghost story.

i am getting spoiled having an internet connection for more than a few minutes..............it has been connected for the last 3 days, either on the city wifi or through a local church's wifi.  either way, i am getting a lot of things done i have needed to do for awhile.

remember i bit the tip of my tongue, and watched in a hand mirror as it miraculously healed??  well, it has begun to, um, fall off now.  the tip, after healing, died, and when i chew my food, it gets caught and i chew it off........but there is no pain, thank goodness.  i know that was WTMI, lol.

the wild kitties have been coming around a lot lately to be fed.  there are several now.  there is a new black one, much smaller than the other "blacky".  there is "whitey" and another white one, "callie", who lets me pick her up, but still isn't sure of my intentions, and then of course, dear, sweet "gray".  callie feels empty, like she isn't really there, just skin, and fur.  i try to make sure she has plenty to eat before the others eat, since they all look healthier.  i would like to bring callie in to eat in the mudroom, but i don't need fleas in the house because of my cat being a house cat only.  i am not supposed to even have a cat, so the last thing i need is to have the landlord find an infestation of fleas in his abode.

while reading lisa's journal about all her kitties, i got to thinking about my own kitty, coatie.  she is very loving, until you try to pick her up and make her a lap kitty.  she won't have any part of that at all.  she loves to be "petted" by my foot and will nudge and nudge, and get so excited that she will bite me.  i know she isn't being mean, but sometimes, it really does hurt, lol.  she loves having her tummy rubbed.  she sleeps in the small of my back at night, and keeps scooting closer and closer, pushing me off the other side of the bed, lol.  i will reach over behind me and rub her belly (you can't miss it, even in the dark) and she will turn upside down for better coverage.

i have noticed something of late.  when i first started my offline journal, i was very depressed, mostly due to not making enough money to pay my bills, and never knowing if i was going to have a place to lay my head at night and a car to drive.  i wrote a lot of poetry, most of which was somber and depressing.  but i was writing.  now, i cannot awaken any of my creativity.  it is dormant.  is this why most great artists lived a life of depression, alcoholism, and strife???  does depression bring about greatness, creativity??  why can i not write while being happy??  i sit sometimes staring at the screen for long periods of time, and nothing, absolutely nothing, comes to mind worth writing.  like the earlier part of this entry.........some of it just filler while my mind tried to find something worth penning.  it is a form of writer's block.  and i am not liking it.  sigh..................

a picture i took tonight at dusk, out of my spare bedroom window, of the moon, almost full, over the methodist church across the street.  it was a very hazy moon.  you can tell it is going to rain tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is nice to hear about all the wee cats in your area. My dear Aunt used  to write us all lovely bits of poems but she to was only able to do it when she was feeling a bit on the low side...funny aint it ?  Have a great weekend, in the warm sunshine iy is blowing a gale here this morning and is really cold   Love Sybil x

Anonymous said...

Like the picture of the Methodist church with the moon. Glad you are getting to enjoy the internet more. Paula

Anonymous said...

I've dropped Jeannette a line, Regina.