Sunday, April 20, 2008

LAZY SUNDAY

knowing i have a 3 day in a row stint coming at work, i decided to just take today easy.  my foot and leg are still giving me problems, so i tried to stay off it as much as possible. 

i tried to sleep in, but coatie, the abominable kitty, had other ideas.  first, she started playing with her noisy little toys.  then, pouncing on the bed, as if she were saying "mom, it is time to get up".  then, she decided to get a little sick and started the coatie gag.  of course, i jumped up then, watching to see if it continued, and when it didn't, i figured i was already awake, so i got up.  sigh.........and i thought i was done raising kids, lol.

i ate a little something to tide me over and to be able to take my meds, and got dressed and headed out to my old place of employment.  i had some material scraps for one of my fes's, elaine, and some chips, a large pen and a leopard money clip for one of my old managers, sara.  when i got to the craft store, neither of them were there, so i just went to the break room and left them on top of the computer cabinet.  anna w. and kelly were up at the front registers.  i was telling kelly about my new job and she was getting all jealous, and saying she only got 2 days a week there.  i was telling them how i was getting 4-5 days a week, 7-8 hours each day. 

i saw annette and then ginny, who gave me a hug.  i went to the back and saw chris and stephanie (the witch wasn't even nice to me and i don't even work there any more) and then i called up the stairs and told jayson that i wasn't going to come back to say hello to him like he had told kelly to tell me, that i was there and was going to say hello right then.  he laughed.  richard was upstairs as well, but i didn't see him.  i spoke to nicole back in framing and showed her what i had brought for sara.

i bought a couple of card making items and kelly gave me a discount, and then i said my goodbyes and left.  i went by kfc to get some chicken livers and had to wait so long, then they messed up my order.  when i got home, there was no biscuit in the order.  sigh.

i came home and ate my chicken livers lunch, played awhile online and then took a nap.  when i got up out of the bed, i discovered something really funny.  i had been sleeping on a grocery store plastic bag.  i never felt it, lol.  i got up and ate the rest of my chicken livers dinner, and watched some tv.  very boring day.

i did get an email from my daughter in response to my email to her.  she and her boyfriend did NOT get the house they had a contract on.  she was quite frustrated over it, she said.  they have decided to rent for a year and then save up their money to buy an even nicer house.  i told her i was sorry to hear about the house, but that meant it wasn't meant for them to have that one.  i do want the best for her.

i figured out how to use my new digital camera to make videos.  i even figured out how to play them back (after hunting down the instruction manual and reading it AGAIN!).  i didn't save the video because it was just a test and wasn't anything exciting.  just my dirty laundry corner, and my computer desk, and a sleeping cat.  sigh........see how boring things are around here sometimes?

i snooped around people's journals today and read some of their favorite journals.  some of them were pretty interesting.  it seems that now that i have constant internet access i have little to nothing to do online.  i keep checking everyone's journals for  updates, since i don't have anyone on alerts.  but no one updated this weekend.  so i found a site with cat pictures so that i can further annoy all of you with my kitty pics with captionslol.

and, as promised, here is today's CAPTIONED KITTYPIC.

(ps:  this one is especially for OFFICER GREG KISER)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying the captions on your photo's, You are so clever.  Hope that having a day of rest you leg is a bir easier today and that all goes well at work.  Love Sybil x

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha, but look at those glazed eyes.  I need to have the kitty walk that line over there and touch the tips of her whiskers with her paws.  That tail is swaying a bit too much.  I think there is some catnip involved here somewhere.  This was too funny, thanks for starting my day off with a smile, and a chuckle.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Your pic is adorable.  LOL, you were sleeping on a grocery bag!!!  :o
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Well done for having a lazy day, Regina - but cats never let you have one lol

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my journal, I appreciate your comments and insights. :o)
http://journals.aol.com/buckoclown/Bucko