Thursday, April 24, 2008

SLOW START, SLOWER FINISH

well, so much for getting up early and getting all my errands donei guess yesterday was harder on me than i originally thought.  i awoke several times early this morning not being able to breathe, my mouth was extremely dry from breathing through my mouth, and i just had to get up and take care of the matter.  i was finally able to breathe, so went back to sleep.  i awoke to the alarm at 9 am, but kept hitting the snooze, and finally, just gave up and went back to sleep.  i got up around 11:30 am and when my feet hit the floor, i knew i wasn't going anywhere today.  no energy.  my head hurts, from the pollen i think.  i can't keep my eyes open for very long.  i just feel like going back to bed.  maybe i need a multivitamin or something to perk me up.

i apologize for the horrendously long entry yesterday.  i am one long with words, and i felt i had to get my story in black and white (or blue and pink, lol).  it helps to write it down, whether you do anything with it or not. 

i have been reading some gothic poetry of an old online friend this morning, and it is very good (at least i think it is).  if you are interested in reading some of it, this is the link:

http://journals.aol.com/whisperoangels2/JUSTMEMISERYANDCOMPANY/

i had to cut the air conditioning on when i finally got up today.  it helps cut the edge of the 78 degree temps outside.  another reason i don't want to venture out.  the air conditioning in my car is out.........and it gets really hot in there.

i have received 4 ghost stories to put into the journal entry, as well as one of my customers at the store told me one about her house, so i will be doing that entry possibly this afternoon or tonight.  like i mentioned before, one of my entries even has a couple of pictures. now how is that for ghostly lore???

is it just my computer and my aol, or is anyone else having problems with spell check?  i usually spell most of my words correctly, so there is little yellow highlighting when i hit spell check, but it highlights letters within words..........like in the word "usually" it will highlight the "a", for no apparent reason.  maybe spell check has a "vanna white ghost" that likes letters, lol.

as i cannot see to type anymore right now from my eyes continuing to close on me, i am going to sign off and take a nap.......or maybe i will take some sinus meds and try to stay awake.  either way, i shall return........much to my readers' chagrin, lol.

speaking of eyes, i have chosen a different type of captioned picture today.  this isn't a KITTYCAPTION, but i thought it was so adorable, i had to caption it and put it here on the journal............so here it is:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been having that problem with the spell check for some time now off and on.  It has been better recently, but there for a while, it was horrible.  I don't have a clue what causes it, but it really makes it difficult to go through and check every word to see if it is indeed mispelled.

Greg

Anonymous said...

I am so  sorry about you're not feeling well
I know the pollen count is high this year and I myself already have a sinus infection
so i empathis
It was extremely Kind of you to share I appreciate it.
I am glad you enjoy them
I enjoy writing
i loved your picture
it had me laughing
(ps i just got up so i understand that stay in bed thing too.)
have a good day heal well
and again thank you.
as always  a friend

Anonymous said...

Love today's caption !!!  I don't even know how to spell check my journal !!  thats how the spelling mistakes are to be seen all over the place.  Hope your feeling better by the evening.  Love Sybil....after terrible rain this morning the afternoon has been lovley and sunny and even warm !!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the hayfever season is giving you grief, Regina. I'm glad my thermometer stuck to 54F today.

Anonymous said...

When I have allergy I can almost sleep my life away. I'm glad the counts are not bad here now. Cute picture and caption as usual. Paula

Anonymous said...

My husband has terrible allergies too so I know what you are going through.  Hope you start feeling better soon.
Lisa