Monday, April 21, 2008

YEP, IT'S MONDAY!

i am glad i took it easy yesterday.  today was a little hard on me.  i put some gel pads in my right shoe to help ease the pain of my achilles tendon and heel, and through most of the day it worked wonderfully.  then, around 2 or 3 pm, i started hurting again.  i did notice that there was a sort of trade off.........while my foot was hurting, my arm with the torn rotator cuff didn't hurt.  in fact, i was amazed at how good my arm has felt today.  but tonight, it aches like crazy and my foot is not hurting.  sigh................

years ago i said that when i got older i wasn't going to be one of those old people who complained and/or talk about their ailments all the time.  and here i am......doing just that, lol.  i am a wuss when it comes to pain, and believe me, everyone knows i hurt.  i even had to sit down today several times to relieve my foot pain.

i am glad most of you that commented in my journal recently like my silly kittycaptions.  i have always made an attempt at humor, often failing.  i think it was because my father always made me feel like a failure, so i tried to do the one thing that would get my peers to notice me and even "like" me........humor.  i admit that often it is juvenile or corny humor, and can sometimes verge on being annoying.  but it is an integral part of me, as much as talking excessively.  every place i have worked in my lifetime i have been "scolded" for talking too  much.  i have been doing it for 50 years, and i just don't see that changing.  like i tell the people at work..........get used to it and get over it. 

i have received a few promises of ghost stories in the next few days, so i will hold off till possibly friday before posting the ones i have in my journal.  so if you wish to have yours posted and have not already done so, please send them to me in an email before friday night.  i am off on saturday and sunday so will probably do the entry then if i have an internet connection.

i didn't have anything to feed the wild kitties tonight except bread and milk, and i don't like to give the kitties milk in the summer heat.  all they need is a bad case of.......well, you  know.  because of this, i tried really hard not to look outside my kitchen window onto the little porch.  i knew if i did, i would see miss callie out there, waiting on her supper.  i would have to fry up a steak if she was there and i didn't have anything fixed.  but i couldn't resist looking, and sure enough, there she was, waiting patiently for a tidbit.  i searched through the fridge till i found some breakfast sausage i was saving for tomorrow night's "breakfast supper" and i went out to give it to her.  she was very appreciative and allowed me to pet her again.  i forgot i have some dry food i am feeding my own coatie.  if she is there tomorrow night, i will give her some of that soaked in water.

as i promised, here is the next KITTYCAPTION:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do wish we could do something about that foot of yours.  I wish you had our Health Serviced over there then you would be able to see a Dr. for free and get help at once.  Liked todays caption !!  Love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

Love the cat and the caption. It is hard not to complain when you hurt. Have a friend who works at a large department store and she has so many foot problems from the standing. Paula

Anonymous said...

Humor is one of those universal things that can link all types of people together, so I don't blame you at going for the grins to get positive attention.  I might have even done that myself a time or two.

Greg

Anonymous said...

I love the kitty captions & pictures...I think they add a brightness to the day!
Lisa

I am working on the ghost story...really...I've just been so busy!  If you have to go on without me I understand I'll send it anyway.